Bassinet: HALO® BassiNest® Swivel Sleeper Premiere series
Monthly Rate: New $5, Gently Used $35
Retail Price: $239.99
Why we recommend it: With an improved design, the HALO BassiNest Premiere is a dream for babies and new parents alike. Marketed as "the only bassinet that swivels 360°," it's everything you need for convenience and safety. This bassinet allows parents to keep their little ones close, without the safety risks associated with bed-sharing.
What the experts say: “As a pediatrician, I cannot safely endorse co-sleeping. But for mothers who want that environment without the risks, Halo is a perfect option.” A versatile and adjustable bassinet that is great for mothers with c-sections and parents looking for a bedside bassinet for a safer co-sleeping environment. Parents will love that it can swivel around and moves smoothly when you need to get out of bed.
Why rent it: Bassinets are super useful, but frankly, you just won't need it for very long. Investing in a piece like this doesn't make a ton of sense, especially when you'll have to find some place to put it when your baby is done using it. Renting takes away the hefty upfront price tag and the headache of storage.
When you'll need it: Newborn through usually around 3-4 months old. You can use it until your baby is 20 lbs. Your little one has outgrown it when when they show signs of pulling up, rolling over, or pushing up to kneeling position.
- Patented lowering bedside wall, allowing for easy transitions to nursing and getting out of bed
- Improved features include: nightlights, four soothing sounds, and two levels of vibration for relaxing into sleep
- Stable, adjustable base that can fit under most beds
- Storage pocket to keep essentials close by
- Waterproof mattress contains no toxic flame retardants
- JPMA certified
- Comes with 100% polyester coordinated fitted sheet that wipes clean with a damp cloth and is machine washable
- Because it swivels 360° and rotates, there is sometimes a slight tilt. This tilt is well within the standards of accepted angles for these types of products, and BassiNest is independently tested to meet or exceed all U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission and Health Canada safety standards for bassinets
- Soothing center requires 3 AA batteries (not included)
Safety Reminder: Never use soft bedding such as loose blankets, bumpers, pillows, and positioners in the Bassinest. The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests the use of wearable blankets to keep your baby warm.